GBlist: Windows Workshop at EEBA, Snapshot

Chris: Further to your window snap shot and the particular aspects quoted below:

1) are there any discussions/workshops/booth on SunPipes and similar devices?
2) are there any real-world doers/experiences/prototypes with high performance
windows besides wishful thinking that "may" or maynot be relevant some time?
3) Will Southwall or Andersen be there or discuss their most recent
work/products?
4) Is there any presentaton on simplifying the window lables to make them
meaningful to most users?
5) will there be any discussion about multi-purpose windows (ie. PV,
daylighting, curtain wall, thermal collector)?
Jorg Ostrowski,  M. Arch. A.S. (MIT), B. Arch. (Toronto), Ecotect
- sustainable homes & communities; commercial, institutional & office buildings
- living a conserver lifestyle & working in a sustainable home and office
Web Site [under construction]: http://www.ucalgary.ca/~jdo/ecotecture.htm
e-mail: <jdo@acs.ucalgary.ca>
On Tue, 7 Oct 1997 RCMathis1@aol.com wrote:
> issues related to window, door and skylight performance.

>  we are going to talk about the future.... new glazing and frame
> technologies, future building code issues and other "futuristic" issues.
>
> How to read the variety of product labels.  {Residential Windows Book,
 NFRC Directory, Sample energy labels, Sample specification language.}