GBlist: Dollar Value of CO2

The question was rasised:

>What is the dollar value of a ton of CO2? Considering the externalities
>of combustion products, like diminished air quality, respiratory
>problems, corrosion, is there any formula that has placed a value on CO2
>emissions.  We are attempting to factor reductions of CO2 as part of the
>cost incurred in our building energy efficiency standard. Can anyone
>point me in a direction?

Bion Howard wrote a paper a few years back entitled "Simplified Pollution
Avoidance Calculation for Builders".  An article was published in the
Northeast Sun (publication of the Northeast Sustainable Energy Association)
in the spring of 1993.  He placed the dollar value of the societial costs
at 4.8 cents per pound ($96/ton).  You might also want to convert CO2
numbers to something more meaningful like cars taken off the road or acres
of trees planted (easier for many people to visualize).  The EPA Green
Lights program has generated figures for these items (Cars -
#ofCO2/10590=cars taken off the road; Trees - #ofCO2/5175=acres of trees).

I am still looking for more information on quantifying the environmental
impacts of energy consumption.  Does any one know of other references
beside the two mentioned above?