Re: [seedsavers] Unfortunate circumstances regarding this list

So I signed up at the beginning of this conversation and have sort of kept my mouth shut, because I don't care.

But now I'm wondering...is this list associated with the organization (or was)?

For the love of pete, change the name and move on.  A list serve is not a good forum for discussing group politics and maybe this is part of the reason that Dianne decided to enforce their trademark of the SeedSavers name.

You could easily change the name and keep the meaning. "Saving Seeds" or "Save Our Seeds" (SOS).

Either way, I signed up for what I thought was a discussion group and have gotten a lot of info on the internal politics of an organization I've never even heard of.  I'm going to assume the organization is pretty important but still wonder if it is an important part of this discussion group.

Thanks,
Ryan

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 9:31 PM, Lawrence F. London, Jr. <lflj@intrex.net> wrote:
Carol Moss wrote:

>  How about calling it Seed Harvest?
>  It is unfortunate that Diane Whealy doesn't have anything else to do
> with her time. She is probably looking for signs that Kent will continue
> his work and may have thought he was involved in this list. I hope he is
> progressing in his fight and won't let a vindictive woman stop him from
> continuing his work in any way he can.

Makes me want to say that:
1) bad marraiges should a. never have happened in the first place - they both should be more careful
who they choose for a partner b. should never continue for any reason
2) his decision to end the relationship as well founded in light of her only response was to sacrifice
(best word I can think of) or otherwise deliberately put at risk such a valuable public resource, especially in these
times with the horrible ogrish monsanto lurking at the edge of every farm field.

Viva Cuba!
Viva Fidel!
Viva Che!

http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee24/ryandwayne/?action="">