[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Odd Great Blue Heron Behavior
- To: "Carolinabirds" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Odd Great Blue Heron Behavior
- From: "John Argentati" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 12:51:44 -0400
- Importance: Normal
- Reply-to: <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last week I observed a blue heron behaving strangely.
She was "kneeling down" on a mud flat.
I don't know how else to describe it since heron's knees bend in the
opposite direction from ours.
It's legs formed an L-shape. The bird was definitely NOT sitting, she was
After a while she disappeared.
We have eleven heron nests here at Greenview and I've never observed this
Has anyone else out there seen birds kneel this way?
At the time I was wondering if it could be west nile virus.
Raleigh, North Carolina