[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: Odd Great Blue Heron Behavior
- To: "bird (E-mail)" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: RE: Odd Great Blue Heron Behavior
- From: "Armstrong, Craig" <CraigArmstrong@PerformanceInc.com>
- Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 13:10:41 -0400
- Sender: email@example.com
>The bird was definitely NOT sitting, she was kneeling. After a while she
disappeared. We >have eleven heron nests here at Greenview and I've never
observed this behavior before.
>Has anyone else out there seen birds kneel this way?
Only babies or juveniles, not adults. I don't know a thing about the west
nile virus though, is this a common trait of an infected bird?
Craig Armstrong / Chapel Hill