[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
possible Evening Grosbeak at Congaree Swamp
- To: "CarolinaBirds" <email@example.com>
- Subject: possible Evening Grosbeak at Congaree Swamp
- From: "Robin Carter" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 16:41:46 -0500
- Sender: email@example.com
I just got a short message from Bob Ellis, one of our more active local
birders, that he saw an Evening Grosbeak at Congaree Swamp National Monument
on 12 Oct 2002. This is great news. I have not seen Evening Grosbeaks
anywhere in the Columbia area in over a decade.
I have not spoken to Bob yet about the details of this record, so I do not
know if there is any chance of error. This is probably a good record, since
the Evening Grosbeak is hard to confuse with anything else, if you get a
So, birders of the Carolinas, heads up. This just might be a grosbeak
winter, and we have not had a good grosbeak winter here for many years.