Falls Lake shorebirds

Hi,

Unfortunately there is almost nothing to report, all birds gone with the
fronts (and wind).
There are beautiful habitats for shorebirds on Little Lick Creek (LLC)
peninsula as well as Panther Creek RR (PC) and mud flats. I hope more to
come soon.

                      LLC              PC
Killdeer  - 18           7
Semipalmated Pl. 8      0
Greater Yellowlegs  1 ad   0
Spotted Sand  1      0
Pectoral Sand. 31 j 2 ad   0  (looks like adults are already gone)
Semipalmated Sand. -1 juv. (bill and feathers)  already eaten probably
by Merlin (does it mean it was LESS than 0 of that species?)
Least Sand. 18 juv.   1 juv.

Herring Gull 1 ad
Ring-billed G. 1 ad
Forster's Tern 1 imm
Caspian T. 3 ad 1 juv.    2 ad 1 juv.

A couple of warblers in forest Am. Redstart 5, Magnolia 1, Pine 6,
Common yellowthr. 2 Ovenbird 1, Woodthrush 1, 1 Wood Pewee and 1
juvenile Willow Flycatcher near Panther Creek RR.
I hope next time will be better, at least 1 alive Semipalmated
Sandpiper...

Mike
Michal Skakuj  Ph.D.
4600 University Drive apt. 1312