NC: Black-headed Grosbeak - YES! (Fwd)

From:           	jspippen@duke.edu
Date sent:      	Thu, 13 Feb 2003 10:00:35 -0500 (EST)
To:             	carolinaleps@duke.edu
Subject:        	NC: Black-headed Grosbeak - YES!

Duke University, Durham, NC  27708
PH: (919) 660-7278			<jspippen@duke.edu>
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 08:49:22 -0500
From: Norman Budnitz <nbudnitz@duke.edu>
To: carolinabirds@duke.edu
Subject: Black-headed Grosbeak?

Message forwarded at the request of Tom Driscoll:

This message is on the Virginia birding listserve. i can't post to
carolinabirds. You may want to forward.

Floyd Williams the birding ranger at Merchants Millpond State Park in Gates
County North Carolina, contacted me with a report from a lady in Elizabeth
City who has had a Black-headed Grosebeak coming to her feeder
for the past five days. She would like someone else to help her comfirm
that this is what she is seeing. Floyd is going out of town and cannot
go to see it. She has taken some pictures but says they are a little
grainy.

If someone on the line knows the NC Bird Hotline number please e-mail or
call her at the number below. She is relatively new to the Elizabeth
City area and does not know any birders she can call. She said that anyone
who wants to can also come by and try to see it.

Call or E-mail Shirly Remaley
bird823 AT iwon.com
252-338-3492

Charles W. "Will" Cook                  w 919-660-7423
http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook            cwcook@duke.edu
Box 90340, Biology Dept., Duke Univ., Durham, NC 27708