YBS's are back!

Carolinabirders:
After a very pleasant and enjoyable CBC weekend in Charleston, it is back to
work this morning. This means being in my Tryon office and tied to the
infernal, but somewhat forgiving computer, desperately designing and working
on the long overdue 2000 Ventures calendar. As I sit facing the wall and
enjoying the first real rain we have had for ages, I hear a sound through
the barely closed window....a squirrel-like mewing. Yep, that's definitely
one of those! I nip outside to find my first Yellow-bellied Sapsucker of the
autumn, an immature, scurrying around on one of the old and somewhat
terminal silver maples outside my window.
We all know what will arrive next. Time to migrate south for the
winter....methinks!
Simon

Simon Thompson
Ventures, Inc. Birding & Natural History Tours
PO Box 1095, Skyland, NC 28776
Phone/Fax: 828.859.0382
simon@teleplex.net
WWW.birdventures.com