[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Trip North 10/10-11
- To: "Carolinabirds" <email@example.com>, "Birdbrains" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Trip North 10/10-11
- From: "Ken Allen" <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 16:50:09 -0400
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Traveling North from Tampa Sunday morning I stopped at Huguenot Park in
Jacksonville. I was rewarded by seeing the Bar-tailed Godwit, Long-billed
Curlew and two White phase Reddish Egrets. All of this by 12:30. I continued
on this afternoon to Georgetown, SC.
Today I went to Huntington Beach State Park. There were not a large number
of birds, but did find some interesting ones. I guess the best was an
eclipse plumage Common Eider. I initially found it on the beach at the end
of the jetty on the shore side. It later swam to the other end of the jetty.
I think this bird could be sick as it allowed me to approach within 5' and
never moved. I also saw 2 Saltmarsh Sharp-tailed Sparrows on the jetty, a
Reddish Egret at the jetty pool, and two Peregrines.
Temple Terrace, FL