FBC Owl Prowl

We have decided to do an "unscheduled" field trip!  We will be doing an Owl
Prowl this coming Saturday (October 30th).  We will be owling along the Blue
Ridge Parkway in the Boone/Blowing Rock area, with stops at both Bass and
Trout Lakes (both part of  Cone Manor), Julian Price campground, picnic
area, and Lake, and several overlooks toward Grandfather Mountain.  We have
had luck with Saw-whet Owls at several places and have a reasonable chance
of at least hearing them!  Great Horned, Screech, and Barred Owls should be
a given.  Maybe we'll get lucky and find a migrating Barn or Long-eared
Owl---who knows!

Feel free to join us----and please bring your children!  They get just as
much enjoyment out of this as we do!  We will meet at Arby's on Highway 321
in Hickory (just before you cross the bridge into Caldwell County) at
5:45pm.  If it is more convenient, you may meet us in the gravel parking
area of Bass Lake at 6:30pm instead.  If you have any questions or need
further directions, please contact us.  Hope to see you there!

Dwayne & Lori Martin
Foothills Bird Club
Claremont, NC
dlmartin@twave.net