Pea Island NWR Eurasian Wigeon

Today while leading a birding trip for the North Carolina Chapter of the Nature Conservancy  I spotted a male Eurasian Wigeon on North Pond at Pea Island National Wildlife Refuge, Dare County, North Carolina. There appeared to be hundreds of American Wigeon there.

Yesterday our group spotted at least five Lesser Black-backed Gulls at Cape Point. In fact considering the relatively small number of gulls at the Point yesterday, the number of LBGs was impressive.

Hope to see you at Wings Over Water next week-end.

John S. Wright
Greenville, NC
jwright@skantech.net