Fish crow at Methodist College

Fellow birder Sue Pulsipher told me two weeks ago (I think) that she had
heard a fish crow on campus.  I've been listening to the crows hanging
around the campus, occasionally registering a "maybe."  Today, while
walking across campus with a non-birding colleague who has lived in the
area most of his life, I heard clearly the double syllable call of a fish
crow and mentioned it.   My colleague pointed out the crow, sitting in a
line of trees along US 401.  A few minutes later he said that he'd been
hearing the fish crow sounds all of his life and had never realized that we
have two species of crows here in the Fayetteville area.

Bob

Robert C. Perkins, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Methodist College, Fayetteville, NC 28311
910-630-7037     rperkins@methodist.edu