[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: "Carolina Birds listserve" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Baltimore oriole
- From: email@example.com (Harrol Blevins)
- Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 12:50:16 -0400
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
We regularly get Baltimore orioles at our hummingbird feeders here in SW VA.
Until today the earliest date was April 28. This morning when I went out to
do some chores, I chose my orange cap thinking I might get a close up look
at one of my hummers. Instead, I got a spectacular adult male Baltimore
oriole hovering in front of my face. I quickly hung up an extra humming
bird feeder in his favorite location and Velma put out orange slices.
Also, second property record for a Yellow-throated warbler this afternoon.
Only the second one I've seen in the mountains.
Eastern kingbird arrived today.
All others back on schedule with abundant Yellow-rumps today.
Harrol & Velma Blevins
On the New River at the border of NC/VA