"Fall" Warblers

It is early, but this week I have had two:

On July 24 a Black & White was creeping around the trees near my screened
porch.  This was the first one I have seen in the yard since spring.

July 26 a Blue-winged warbler was seen well at eye level about 25' from the
screened porch   before 8a.m. as it slowly worked the trees.  This is a
first for my yard. The most striking feature was the black eye line which
contrasted with the surrounding bright yellow.  The bill was dark, but not
noticebly black.  The bird continued to work its way through the trees
within my sight for another 10 minutes, but usually it was working/dangling
in or under the leaves and only its movement and chip could be followed.
According to Jon Dunn's book, Warblers: Blue-winged warbler "Fall migration
is poorly defined but generally early.  There are scattered reports ...
through the latter half of July over much of the East."
Nancy Iha
niha@citcom.net
at Slick Rock above 3000'
Brevard, NC