HBSP on 7-30

Hi Carolinabirders,
	Gary Phillips and I decided to bird this morning at HBSP.  Our intention
was to go to the jetty ponds.   It was cloudy and overcast when we left and
began to rain lightly when we arrived at the causeway.  The light rain soon
became moderate and then heavy with fireworks (lightning and thunder).  We
spent the good part of an hour on the carrige path under the cedars where
we were entertained by Prairie Warblers, Gnatcatchers and Redstarts.

Pied-billed Grebe-1
Brown Pelican-25
Double-crested Cormorant-1
Great Blue Heron-4
Great Egret-3
Snowy Egret-40
Little Blue Heron-2
Tricolored Heron-3
Cattle Egret-1
Green Heron-1
Yellow-crowned Night-Heron-1 immature
Osprey-3
Willet-1
Spotted Sandpiper-2
Whimbrel-1
Short-billed Dowitcher-2
Laughing Gull-10
Ring-billed Gull-2
Caspian Tern-1
Forster's Tern-2
Least Tern-1
Mourning Dove-6
Yellow-billed Cuckoo-2
Chimney Swift-2
Ruby-throated Hummingbird-1
Belted Kingfisher-1
Red-headed Woodpecker-1 adult
Red-bellied Woodpecker-2
E. Wood-Pewee-1 heard only
Great-Crested Flycatcher-2
Purple Martin-10
Barn Swallow-5
Blue Jay-2
Carolina Chickadee-2
Tufted Titmouse-4
Carolina Wren-8
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher-6
N. Mockingbird-2
Brown Thrasher-1
Yellow-throated Warbler-1
Prairie Warbler-7
Am. Redstart-4 female plumaged birds.  We came across one bird early in the
morning, before the rain, that was calling and we found it entangled in a
spider web. We tried to reach it but then it was able to escape and moved
from perch to perch preening to get the remnents of the web removed.
N. Cardinal-5
Indigo Bunting-1 male singing from the top of a tree in the pouring rain.
Painted Bunting-1 heard only
E. Towhee-3 heard only
Red-winged Blackbird-6
Boat-tailed Grackle-12