Escaped Egyptian Geese at Falls Lake!?

Carolinabirders,

Just in case anybody else gets excited if they see them, on Sunday July 30 I
saw four egyptian geese at the swim beach at Holly Point Campground at Falls
Lake.  Look under domestic waterfowl in your field guide.  I assume these
are escapees from some local farm, domestic imports from Africa.  Has anyone
ever seen them in the wild, or know who or how anyone would have these
birds.

You can imagine my expression as I saw park visitors feeding potato chips to
these large birds that allowed me to walk within 10 feet of them!  I was
hoping it was bird #281 for the Falls Lake checklist.

Brian Bockhahn
Falls Lake State Park Ranger
Falls Lake CBC Compiler
13304 Creedmoor Road