Mixed flock- N. Chatham county 9/6/ and almost new feeder bird

Hi Everyone,
     Noticed some activity in the understory trees just outside the living
room window yesterday AM,  saw some Black and White Warblers close up, and
then more birds, so ran and got my binocs.  Also saw Magnolia Warblers, imm.
and male, and also male and female Am. Redstarts.  They hung around at eye
level for awhile ( the southewest side of our house is about 11' above ground
level), then flew, followed them to west, nw side and watched them higher up
in trees.  then they returned to original SW side.  A few hours later saw
more male and female Redstarts.
     Also present were Red-eyed Vireos, Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, Chimney
Swifts, and a first fall male Scarlet Tanager eating Persimmons on a scraggly
tree.  Had yellow tinges on his dark wings.
     Also saw an imm. Cardinal try to fit a  whole Persimmon in it's bill,
then mom flew up and showed him how to take smaller bites.
     A Pileated was hammering away on a branch with a young Red-bellied
almost next to him watching with what seemed much interest.
     Then all of a sudden from out of nowhere it seemed, a flock of about 25
Mourning Doves flushed from the matted down tall weeds right under the window
I was at and flew up and over the house.  Was startling to see this group
flying right towards me.
Turns out a doe had meandered over to where they were.  Was a very busy yard
day.

     Activity seemed to start around 8/29 in my yard with the 1st Bl. and wh.
Warbler.  Also had an unidentified Flycatcher that day.  And flushed a Barred
Owl who I must have been almost right next to, saw it's back and tail only as
it flew, then saw him staring at me from a distant pine.
     9/1 had an imm. Chestnut-sided in the dogwood  by the screened-porch,
also 11 ft. above ground level.  Have had some of the best birds in that
tree.  Have also had male and female Summer Tanagers and a Yell-billed Cuckoo.

     Last , but definitely not least,  a male Hooded Warbler in the drizzle
on Labor Day spent almost 30 minutes at my feeders.  Chased a few Goldfinch, T
itmice... checked out all of the feeders, but only drank some rainwater off
of the Droll-Yankee tube feeder lid. Wished I had had some mealworms out,
would have been interesting to see if he would have taked any.  Saw the white
outer tail feathers as he flicked his tail a lot.

Shelley Theye
North Chatham County, NC
Psbmt@aol.com