Bradford Pear trees & birds

Folks,

This morning at 9 am I went on a walk with a friend in Durham. We found
around 70-80 Cedar Waxwings in 2 flocks all in Bradford Pear trees.  We
noticed that the waxwings,  robins and starlings were eating the pears. I
had thought these trees to be totally useless for birds until now. We also
saw both kinglets including a very yellow-headed golden-crown. Also we
added Ring-billed Gull to my friends yard list as we saw about 15 fly by.

Still no snow, but it is very cold out there with the windchill.

Randy Emmitt
Rougemont, NC

Randy Emmitt Photography
http://www.rlephoto.com