Common Merganser in Kinston, NC

Hi All,
    Betty Grady called me this afternoon to report a Common Merganser in
Kinston. She originally reported the bird to me last week, but was not quite
sure of the ID in the late evening light. Today was her first chance to get
back to the bird, and she is confident that is what it is. From what she
described, it sounds good.
    Directions: Heading east along Hwy 70 bypass around Kinston you will
pass the Neuse Sports Shop and King's Barbeque on the right. At the next
stoplight turn left (by the McDonalds) and proceed straight ahead to the
small pond. This is a Barrus Construction lot that is gated on the weekends,
but open during the week. The bird can sometimes be seen even if you have to
scope from the locked gate.
Eric

Eric & Celia Dean
112 Armstrong Dr