[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: "Carolinabirds" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Please Help!
- From: "John Argentati" <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 10:41:00 -0500
- Importance: Normal
- Reply-To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
The Wake County Audubon Society has documented a dramatic decline in the
numbers of waterfowl that winter over on Lake Wheeler over the past ten
years. This is due to a number of factors including the introduction of
grass carp to reduce hydrila and the opening of the lake to boating in
winter. This tiny public water supply is suffering from other problems as
well, including water pollution (the gasoline additive MBTE as been found),
public safety problems, shore erosion. The Raleigh City Council is
considering setting new policies at the lake that could have a profound
impact on the ecosystems of both Lake Wheeler and Lake Benson.
If you are concerned about habitat, water quality and/or public safety
1. Taking just a moment to sign our online petition
2. Forwarding this message to anyone who you think might be interested.
3. Attending the upcoming Raleigh Public Works Committee meeting (not yet
scheduled) where this issue will be discussed. Sign our petition and we
will email you a notification.
Thank you very much for considering this important issue.