Fulvous Whistling Ducks still at Charleston,SC on Saturday

Dear friends,
  I saw 4 of the Fulvous Ducks at Magnolia Gardens on Saturday. They were
resting lazily on a small grassy area in the usual spot-in the first pond
past the
"Indian Mound". I took 12 exposures as they rested, preened a bit, and
vocalized
with their shrill whistle. One of the easiest life birds I have ever seen.
   I was joined by Jane Shue and Jim Edwards from Greenville,SC who were
down for the weekend and just happened to be at the gardens to look for the
ducks.Beautiful big tawny critters! Hurry and take a look-Fulvous typically
move on from out area in late December.
   What were your favorite lifers this year (In the Carolinas)? I also had
Black-billed Cuckoo and Frigatebird in SC. A rare year for me.
Steve Compton
North Charleston,SC
PS-rent a bike at the visitor's area and ride back-saves time and you can
continue
on a good trip around some more ponds-the staff can help direct you-they are
aware of the ducks and are helpful  *****Thanks, Perry for another
lifer.******