Woodcock!

Hi Birders,

My SC list grew by one today!Dec.24 Sharon spotted a woodcock in the
small ditch at the edge of our small back yard. The ditch is only about
40 ft. from our back window
I didn't manage to get a good look and was very disappointed. The ditch
is on the edge of the golf course,and they had weedwacked it about a
month ago,so it's not providing much cover. The bird was great to watch
this morning Dec.26 when I was lucky enough to spot it. The Woodcock
hung around about 1/2 hour, hope to see him again.
I was sending an E-mail to a friend when out of the corner of my eye I
caught a flash. It was a Sharpie that caught a F. Cardinal,I was able to
snap a few photo's of both birds. It was an exciting morning.
Phil

Phil and Sharon Turner
Myrtle Beach, S C
philshar@earthlink.net