[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Saltmarsh Sparrow Tutorial at Beaufort, NC
- To: Carolinabirds@duke.edu
- Subject: Saltmarsh Sparrow Tutorial at Beaufort, NC
- From: Tom Krakauer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 16:53:06 -0500
- Sender: email@example.com
Janet and I attended the CBC winter meeting at Moorhead
City. Saturday morning started seriously blusterous, but we persisted on
the walk that included the causway between Moorhead City and Beaufort where
we stopped to look for saltmarsh sparrows.
We chased a bunch of birds around until we were tired, and they must also
have gotten bored.
At the base of one of the bushes near the highway in good light, in good
view, sitting and feeding at the same time were:
Both subspecies of Nelson's Sharptailed Sparrow
Saltmarsh Sharptailed Sparrow
Mike Tove provided an excellent tutorial.
What an esoteric treat.