[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Nest Building Herons at Greenview
- To: "Carolinabirds" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Nest Building Herons at Greenview
- From: "John Argentati" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 18:54:48 -0500
- Importance: Normal
- Reply-To: <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Good news. It looks like the herons are back to start building their nests
at Greenview Pond!
This afternoon around sunset I counted seven herons in the nesting trees.
Last year we had two nests. Perhaps this year we'll have more.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Greenview Pond is located on Blaney Franks Road, just west of Lake Wheeler,
in Raleigh North Carolina. In spite of the fact that it's just a small farm
pond and marsh, the Wake County Audubon Society has observed over 200
species of birds there over the years.