spring?

I'm trying hard to remind myself that it is not really spring yet, so that I
can tolerate the next arctic blast.  But,....

this morning a couple of titmice and a couple of bluebirds seemed to be
fighting for control of a bluebird box in our back yard.  A titmouse went in
and stayed for awhile.  When he came out, one of the bluebirds perched on
top and didn't seem inclined to leave.  They all hung out, jockeying for
position for some time before flitting off elsewhere.

Wendy Painter in Chapel Hill