Cedar Waxwings

Fellow Birders:
    My first posting after being an avid reader.  However, I must share a
wonderful sight:  2:30 p.m. the air was filled with the glorious sound of
Cedar Waxwings.  I ran to get the binocs and was treated to a small flock of
these most magnificent birds high up in the boughs of my sweet gum tree in
the back garden taking a break before descending into the wax myrtles around
my deck.  There were about l2 sitting in the sunlight, wearing their matching
sunglasses (my son calls them Oakleys).  Why not?  They stayed only a few
minutes, long enough to have the family enjoy them, and they were on their
way again.  I guess they are migrating through South Charlotte.  This is the
third season in a row they have come to my particular house (in l8 years).  I
hope they make it a regular stopping point.  I have Bradford Pears in the
front also, but it is early for them to enjoy anything.  I think we have been
given a special gift today.
    Blue skies and many birds,
    Wendy Kaplan
    South Charlotte, N.C.