[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
seabird and fisheries connections
- To: carolina birds list serve <email@example.com>
- Subject: seabird and fisheries connections
- From: Len/Esther Pardue <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 09:53:00 -0500
- Sender: email@example.com
Thanks to Van Adkins for posting the release about the agreement to protect
albatrosses and petrels. It is stunning to read that half the albatross
species number fewer than 100 breeding pairs.
I've just begun reading Carl Safina's 1997 book, Song for the Blue Ocean,
which focuses on fish but also deals with seabirds. I recommend it. Carl
just won a MacArthur grant and is working on a book about seabirds.
Len Pardue, Asheville, NC