Western Grebe @ Avon Pier 2/19

Today, Feb 19, Bob Holmes and I discovered a Western Grebe at the Avon Pier,
Avon, NC.
We also found the female Harlequin Duck that has been seen at this site
since late Jan.

The grebe was first seen just off the end of the pier about 10:30AM.  It
worked its way
north for about 400 yds then started working its way back towards the pier.
It stayed about 100-200 yds offshore while we were there.

Hoping it will stick around for some of you that may need this bird (and
hoping that list does NOT include Wayne Irvin, Bert Fisher & Leto Copeley
who passed by this site earlier in the morning)-

Wade Fuller
252-633-6930-H
252-638-2811-W
fuller@coastalnet.com