[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Little Gull at Atlantic Beach, NC
- To: "Carolinabirds" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Little Gull at Atlantic Beach, NC
- From: "John Fussell" <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 12:06:51 -0500
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
This morning I saw an adult Little Gull not far off the end of the
Sportsman's Pier at Atlantic Beach.
There were very large numbers of Bonaparte's Gulls (thousands, but not
concentrated into dense flocks) from Fort Macon to Atlantic Beach, feeding
from the surf to about 1/2 mile offshore).
Also many Red-throated Loons on the water, and a steady stream of northbound
Red-throateds as well.
Ocean was slick calm (would have been a nice day for a pelagic trip!).
Morehead City, NC