Re: storm bird?

Interesting - several of the reports of Mississippi Kite in the Durham
area may be hurricane-related (though it could just be coincidence):

I saw one in Durham County sailing north with the breeze when Hurricane
Opal passed by 10/5/95
Todd Hass saw one in Carrboro on Hurricane Fran day 9/6/96
and I saw one in Durham when Hurricane Bonnie blew by 8/26/98

MIKIs are rare vagrants here, though they may possibly be breeding as
close as Falls Lake...

--
Charles W. "Will" Cook                  w 919-660-7423
http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook            cwcook@duke.edu