<no subject>

I was out to Aniloric Rd. the past few days (early).  The male Dickcissel
still sings, while the female brings food (non-stop) to the apparent young.
Bluebirds are feeding young in the power/telephone pole  near the creek
(below the cross members, and just below an insulator (facing south).  The
Warbling Vireo sings.  The Orchard Oriole appears to be feeding something.
Red-winged Blackbirds are building a nest alongside the road, about 25 yards
west of the creek (north side).  Meadowlarks, House Finches, Barn Swallows,
R-t Hawk, and more, seem to be coping.

Good deal to those who were instrumental in saving that little patch of
"prairie" for the Dickcissels!

I am trying to capture footage of certain birds for a project.  Does anyone
know of dependable "feeder" Painted Buntings?  I am aware that the NC
Aquarium at Fort Fisher has/had visiting P. buntings, not sure if that is
still the case.

Also, red-headed woodpeckers are easy to find in the NC Triangle area
(waterfowl impoundments/Mason Farm...), anyone know of nesting pairs (may be
too late) in a
location that is accessible without disturbing the birds, or other
creatures­Big Woods Rd. is an example, nest hole fifty yards from the road­
no need to bother other nesting birds in the area.

Thanks,

Greg Dodge
Hillsborough, NC
brownbagproductions.com