[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Roan Mtn.--Mourning Warbler
- To: "Carolinabirds" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Roan Mtn.--Mourning Warbler
- From: "Dwayne & Lori Martin" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 16:10:54 -0400
- Reply-To: "Dwayne & Lori Martin" <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dwayne and I were successful this morning in finding the gorgeous male
Mourning Warbler at Roan Mountain!! Actually, John and Paula Wright arrived
before us and just as we rounded the bend to the alder swell, we heard John
exclaim---"Oh, Paula, here it is!!!!!" Do we have good timing or what?!?!
We had rather good looks as he moved in and out of some alders and actually
perched in the open a few times for us. We never did hear him sing though .
. . . guess you can't have everything! Thanks to Rick Knight for originally
posting about this neat bird, and to Russ and Patricia Tyndall who posted
yesterday that it was still present.
Dwayne & Lori Martin
Foothills Bird Club