[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Fall migration?
- To: "carolinabirds" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Fall migration?
- From: "Paula Jeannet Mangiafico" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 16:22:45 -0400
- References: <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
I was struck by all the references to migration. Amateur that I am, I
always assumed migrations started when the weather got just a little cooler.
But July??? What factors drive the timing or the actual start date of
Southern Durham Co.
----- Original Message -----
From: "L & J LENTZ" <LJL@ETINTERNET.NET>
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2001 3:09 PM
Subject: Fall migration?
> Sunday and today I've had an invasion of black and white warblers. Don't
> know the size of the flock, but it seems they were everywhere. I really
> enjoyed seeing so many in the big trees in my back yard. Has the fall
> migration begun already?
> Has anyone else noted the decline of black-and-yellow Argiope, sometimes
> called "writing spider". I have not located a single one in my yard this
> Lucille Lentz
> Richmond County, NC