[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Immature Red-Headed Woodpecker near Greenville, NC
- To: Carolina Birds <email@example.com>
- Subject: Immature Red-Headed Woodpecker near Greenville, NC
- From: John Daughtry <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2001 12:33:24 -0400
- Sender: email@example.com
I walked down to the Tar River west of Greenville, NC this morning.
I saw no nonresident species (with the possible exception of an
Empidonax flycatcher), but I saw the first Red-Headed Woodpecker I have
seen in Pitt County this year. It was immature: brown head. The
location is omitted because birders are actively discouraged there, but
it is available upon request.