[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Samworth WMA, 12-09-01 afternoon
- To: "carolinabirds" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Samworth WMA, 12-09-01 afternoon
- From: "Gary Phillips" <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 02:23:08 -0500
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ritch Lilly and I cruised thru Samworth in the afternoon on 12-09.
Missed Black Vulture, Bobwhite, Field Sparrow and Grasshopper Sparrow,
(doggone it.) Here's a quick list:
Y-b Sapsucker - heard
Pileated - heard
B-h Nuthatch - heard
G-c Kinglet - heard
Hermit Thrush - several, including 4 under the oaks near the boat ramp
Am. Robin - several flocks enjoying Swamp Black Gum fruits
Lincoln's - 1
Swamp - numerous
Seen from the roadside along Pee Dee Hwy.:
And one inquisitive landowner with a nice, shiny, un-holstered .44 Mag
laying on the seat of his truck as he inquired of our roadside activities
near his domicile. Jeez, Louise. Y'all be careful out there, you hear?
"Never has the earth been so lovely nor the sun so bright, as today..."