[Fwd: RFI: Western North Carolina]

I am forwarding this message from BirdChat so more Carolina birders
will see it.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RFI: Western North Carolina
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 22:00:16 -0400
From: Chad Dorsey <cdorsey@SUSCOM-MAINE.NET>
To: BIRDCHAT@listserv.arizona.edu

Birdchatters,

My wife and I will be in western North Carolina, in the Asheville
area, this week from about April 12-April 20. I have "Birds of the
Blue Ridge Mountains," and am basing our birding on its
recommendations, but I'd appreciate any recommendations from
others as to good spots around Asheville, particularly migration
hotspots or places to see a good number of warblers.

Also, any information about finding Swainson's warbler in the area
is much appreciated -- how good are the chances this early in the
year?

Thanks in advance,

Chad Dorsey
cdorsey@suscom-maine.net
Brunswick, ME

For BirdChat guidelines, go to
http://www.ksu.edu/audubon/chatguidelines.html
For BirdChat archives or to change your subscription options, go to
http://listserv.arizona.edu/archives/birdchat.html
mailto:birdchat-request@listserv.arizona.edu