Re: Goose Killing at Davidson College

Hey folks,

Here's a suggestion: how about the goose-killing perpetrators (perhaps the
entire fraternity, if this turns out to be an initiation or other frat
stunt) being sentenced to a large number of hours' mandatory volunteering
at an area wildlife rehabilitation clinic? Not sure where the closest such
clinic would be, perhaps the Carolina Raptor Center in Charlotte.

BTW, in reference to my mention yesterday of illegal Sunday hunting,
Ginger Travis and Clyde Sorenson wrote back to suggest that I heard target
shooting. I think they are probably correct; the shooting was several
shots in rapid succession, did not sound entirely like hunters. It was
taking place on the north side of Old Oxford Highway, toward Lake Michie
Dam, not in the gamelands on the south side; might be private property up
there.

Good birding,

Josh

Joshua S. Rose