[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

DRUCKER SAYS "UNIVERSITIES WON'T SURVIVE"

DRUCKER SAYS "UNIVERSITIES WON'T SURVIVE"
Renowned management consultant and author Peter Drucker says:  "Thirty years
from now the big university campuses will be relics.  Universities won't
survive.  It's as large a change as when we first got the printed book.  Do
you realize that the cost of higher education has risen as fast as the cost
of health care? ...  Such totally uncontrollable expenditures, without any
visible improvement in either the content or the quality of education, means
that the system is rapidly becoming untenable.  Higher education is in deep
crisis...  Already we are beginning to deliver more lectures and classes off
campus via satellite or two-way video at a fraction of the cost.  The
college won't survive as a residential institution. "  (Forbes 10 Mar 97)

                             Paul Jones
Certified Black Helicopter Pilot *** Unwitting Dupe of One World Gov'ment
http://sunsite.unc.edu/pjones/     The Unix Web Server Book (Ventana 1997)
  pjones@sunsite.unc.edu   voice: (919) 962-7600     fax: (919) 962-8071