[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: childhood alternatives/ kill your TV?

On Tue, 4 Mar 1997, Serena Fenton wrote:

> Let me first put forth the disclaimer that there are many, many
> appropriate philopphies of child rearing. This one is pretty
> alternative, but wonderful: Waldorf Schools.I am a big believer in the
> Waldork Educational Philosophy:

Whatever your philosophy, a computer can be used to apply that philosophy.
Perhaps no one is writing programs or content to reflect your wishes for
your child, or perhaps your ideas are such that your reject computers out
of hand.
Still, I don't think that you can equate the web and computers
with television.
Computers can be flexible tools, and I believe they are becoming more
flexible. Televisions, as yet, lack this capacity.

Karl Lietzan (^^;)
e-mail:  lietk@ruby.ils.unc.edu
phone:   (919) 967-2236

"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput
   tuum saxum immane mittam."