Cars and the Environment
(Part of the Reasonable Drivers Unanimous site)
NMA's Emissions proposal
How to get clean air without punishing motorists.
Coalition for Vehicle Choice
a non-profit organization created to preserve
the freedom of Americans to choose motor vehicles that meet
their needs and their freedom to travel.
Lots of useful info on the issue.
How Automobiles Have Cleaned Up Their Act
"The automobile is not incompatible with a clean and safe environment."
An excellent article introducing the issues related to cars and the environment.
Want to reduce air pollution? Improve traffic signals.
Percent of worldwide man-made "greenhouse" gases
Cars are not a major greenhouse gas poluter
Hot Air from Greenhouse Gas Report Could Harm Public
Institute Condemns Conclusions of Majority Report to the President
CEI Press Release
- A Bad Idea Whose Time Should Not Come -
The paying of car owners $700 to scape there pre-1971 cars is silly
wasteful and counter productive. (1992)
- Premature vehicle Scrappage
- EPA Vehicle Scrappage program has car collectors and hobbyists
extremely concerned. (1993)
- "Pull Over for Pure Air"
- Sometime in 1995, drivers will begin encountering random police roadblocks
to check the car's emissions. (1993)
- BTU Tax
- Not all BTU's will be taxed the same; gasoline and other petroleum BTU's
will be taxed at twice the rate. (1993)
- Emissions: Who Generates What?
- automobiles are not the worlds single worst polluter. (1993)
- Vehicle Inspections
- Mandatory periodic Vehicle Inspections are not the answer. (1994)
- CAFE and Global Warming
- Increasing CAFE standards will do little if anything to solve the problem
- CAFE and Light Truck Users
- CAFE standards ignore the need of people who require heavy-duty pickups
and those that require larger vans. (1994)
- EPA Backs Down on Emission Tests
- In Late 94 EPA backed down on Emission Tests requirements however
it still required states to reduce pollution by 15% from the 1990 levels.
This page is part of a larger
Reasonable Drivers Unanimous
site. Be sure to check the rest of my site out if this is your first time
visiting. You won't regret it!
Comments on this page
| Add something to this page
Back Home | Prev | Next