- Tarpanam is an expression of gratitude for the benefits received (while
arghyam is a form of worship)
- Kesava, Narayana etc. are twelve upavyuha forms of the supreme lord and
are supposed to represent the 12 suns in the universe corresponding to 12
zodiacs of the universe.
- The upavyuha forms of the lord reside in our body and hence have
considerable influence on the various parts of our body.
- Kesava etc. also represent deities presiding over the twelve months.
- Advaithins, however, include also the 'Navagrahas' forming part of
our solar system in these tarpanams.