- Left hand is kept on the right thigh and then covering it with right palm.
Then words conveying our intention is recited as under.
- Sri Bhagavadajnaya Sriman NArayana Prithyartham
Pratah Sandhyam kaalaatiita praayashchittaarthaM turiiya arghyapradaanaM
- arghyapradaana mantrasya saandiipanii R^ishhiH (head)
- devi gayathri chhandaH (nose)
- savitaa devataa (chest)
- turiiya arghyapradaane viniyogaH
- Stand erect holding tumbler in the left hand between thumb and first finger.
- Hold both palms together, separating the thumb of the right hand from rest
- Take water in both palms - holding palms at the level of the face.
- Recite mantra verbally - throw the water up in the air, looking at the sun,
while doing so the heels of both legs should be raised. (That is arghyam is
offered standing on toes). Offer 1 arghyam
Om Bhu | Om Bhuvah | Om suvah | Om Mahah | Om janah | Om tapah | Om Satyam |
Om tatsavitur vareniyam bhargo devasya dhimahi diyo yo nah prachodyat | Om Bhu
| Om Bhuvah | Om suvah | Om Mahah | Om janah | Om tapah | Om Satyam ||
- Water should be taken in right hand palm and thrown around the head
clockwise reciting Om bhuurbhuvassuvaH
- Turn around clockwise, saluting the sun with anjali mudra reciting