b-greek-digest V1 #525

b-greek-digest            Monday, 26 December 1994      Volume 01 : Number 525

In this issue:

        Re: Virgin or Young Woman

From: Carl W Conrad <cwconrad@artsci.wustl.edu>
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 1994 10:01:54 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Re: Virgin or Young Woman

On Sat, 24 Dec 1994 PExchgeBBS@aol.com wrote:

> Regarding your recent post on the above stated subject. Your reasoning is
> flawed simply because inspiration applied Isaiah 7:14 to Jesus Christ (See
> Matthew 1:20-23). For Bible believing people that is sufficient to conclude
> that Isaiah's prophecy was not a reference to "to events close in time to the
> figures involved" but was in fact a prophecy of the virgin birth of Jesus
> Christ.
Two things about this posting disturb me: (1) that the sender does not
identify him/herself other than by e-address (I like to think I'm
communicating with real people, even if I don't really know them
personally), and (2) an implicit assumption that there is only one kind
of "Bible-believing person" and only one set of propositions regarding
the truth of scripture. Have I misunderstood that implication?

Carl W. Conrad
One Brookings Drive, St. Louis, MO 63130, USA
(314) 935-4018

End of b-greek-digest V1 #525

To unsubscribe from this list write