Re: PHI Telephone Number

From: Carl W. Conrad (
Date: Mon Oct 16 1995 - 21:51:36 EDT

At 8:13 PM 10/16/95, Gordon F. Ross wrote:
>Hi, I'm new to the list.
>I'm interested in purchasing the Packard Humanities Institute CDROM(s) (for
>IBM and compatibles). Do any of you happen to know the Institute's current
>location and telephone number? I thought that they were in San Jose
>(California) (I live in San Francisco), but apparently not.

Here's the latest I find (don't know how current it is, but it's posted on
the Classics List web site currently):

Packard Humanities Institute
300 Second St., Suite 201
Los Altos, CA 94022

Tel: (415) 948-0150
Fax: (415) 948-5793

>Also, do any of you happen to know whether there is a message list devoted
>to studies of the Vulgate? What I'd like to find (buy) is a lexicon of
>Vulgate Latin, if such an animal exists. :-)

I don't know if there is such an animal. You can consult a Vulgate text on
a web site called "Virtual Bible," but I don't have that URL handy.

One out of two isn't so bad, huh?

Carl W. Conrad
(314) 935-4018 OR