More triclinium photos: how authentic?

From: Jonathan Robie (
Date: Tue Oct 21 1997 - 12:53:24 EDT

I found two very vivid pictures of triclinia that are used on an educational
CD, and I would like to know how authentic these depictions are:

These are each supposed to be reconstructions of a particular triclium in
Pompeii. Is it accurate? Were there a wide variety of different kinds of
triclinia? Would every home have a triclinium, or did you have to belong to
a certain economic class before you could afford one? Did most or all Jewish
homes in the day of the NT have triclinia?

Jonathan Robie