Re: AGAMOS outside NT

From: David L. Moore (
Date: Wed Oct 29 1997 - 08:16:24 EST

        Just a quick note to thank Jeffrey Gibson and Ward Powers for
putting out the effort involved in bringing the results of the TLG search
for AGAMOS to the list.

        If AGAMOS in the sense of "previously married" is characteristically
Koine, we may find other instances of this usage in the authors of the Koine
period. If it is found in earlier authors, its appearance in Paul and at
least one of the papyri would not necessarily indicate any shift in meaning.

        I look forward to looking over the data that Jeffrey has so kindly

David L. Moore
Miami, Florida, USA
Southeastern Spanish District of the A/G Dept. of Education
Home Page: