Single word antonyms?

From: John Baima (jbaima@silvermnt.com)
Date: Mon Oct 13 1997 - 16:55:49 EDT

I came across Romans 16:23 and it occurred to me that the word CENOS (sorry
if that is not the right transliteration) is a single word antonym because
it can mean both guest (stranger) and host (as here in Romans). Okay,
perhaps POLITHS is the antonym in most usages, but doesn't guest/host seem
to be opposite meanings? The usage of the word seems peculiar to me, and I
was wondering if anyone else can think of other words which function in the
same way.

Thanks!

John Baima
Silver Mountain Software 1029 Tanglewood Dr, Cedar Hill TX 75104-3019
jbaima@silvermnt.com http://www.silvermnt.com
Fax *972* 293-6641 Voice *972* 293-2920