TOUTON in Acts 13:27

From: clayton stirling bartholomew (
Date: Sun Aug 02 1998 - 14:23:17 EDT

What is the antecedent of TOUTON in Acts 13:27? Is it not O LOGOS in verse 26.
This raises another question about the referent of O LOGOS in verse 26. I
would have taken this referent to be impersonal, something like "the message"
but others disagree.

Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point
P.O. Box 255 Seahurst WA 98062

At Larry Swain's recomendation I spend some time working in Homer's Iliad yesterday. It was slow going but I think I will add it to my list of ongoing projects. A little Sophocles, a little Homer, lots of NT and LXX.