Re: George Lamsa

From: Jane Harper (
Date: Fri Sep 04 1998 - 14:35:16 EDT

> I think a good starter would be "Idioms of the Bible Explained" by
> George Lamsa.

Just as an aside, is there scholarly support for Lamsa's work? I first
encountered him in a "new age" context, and my experience has been that in that
venue, special pleading rules...

'Course, that's just MY experience. Please disabuse me if I'm wrong.

Jane Harper
Pacific School of Religion, Berkeley, CA
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. (King, 1963)